This Page

has been moved to new address

Mini Mummies

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
DIY, Crafts & Other Projects: Mini Mummies

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Mini Mummies


I like to come up with funny & original Halloween crafts for my kids – this project is super easy and perfect if you’re looking for a party activity…

Mummies made from rubber coated flexible wire and strips of muslin are easy to make and a look cute hanging around the house for Halloween.

The bendable wire frame allows you to position your mummy any way you like.

Relaxing Dude Mummy.

Yoga Mummy.

To make these you will need: flexible wire (I used a flexible garden tie that I picked up in the dollar spot at Target - but I have seen these at dollar stores too. If you can't find this - look for any flexible wire at craft stores), wire clippers and muslin.

Using the flexible wire, make the frame for your mummy body.

Tear muslin into 1/2-inch strips. I do the "snip and rip" method to speed this up; make a small cut and then rip the rest of the fabric.

Wrap your wire form with muslin strips. Add strips by tying ends together. End muslin with a knot and trim ends.

Let your mummy hang out.
found on:
Mini Mummies | Family Chic



Labels: , , ,

22 Comments:

At September 24, 2011 at 10:56 AM , Blogger Catherine @ Cat on a Limb said...

Oh my goodness that is so awesome! Love it!

 
At October 1, 2011 at 10:24 AM , Blogger Suzy Myers said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At October 1, 2011 at 11:59 AM , Blogger J's mom said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At October 1, 2011 at 12:30 PM , Blogger Tanya said...

Those poses are great! That is what made me click over and look. They are so cute and full of personality.

 
At October 1, 2011 at 1:02 PM , Blogger Donna said...

Very original! Love the sign, too!

 
At October 1, 2011 at 3:40 PM , Blogger Vicky @ Mess For Less said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At October 1, 2011 at 6:51 PM , Blogger Jaimee @ Havenwood House of Boys said...

Oh my mummy, are these awesome?! My boys would flip over these : ) Love it!! I'm going to share this on my crafty facebook page!
Jaimee @ craft-interrupted.blogspot.com

 
At October 3, 2011 at 11:47 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

HOW FUN IS THAT?! Sounds like a great kiddo craft! We featured this today over on the Facebook page from the Fancy This Fridays link up! :) http://www.facebook.com/TrulyLovelyBlog

 
At October 3, 2011 at 12:28 PM , Blogger Life In The Thrifty Lane said...

Such a great DIY!! Love it, visiting from Truly Lovely :)

 
At October 4, 2011 at 9:34 AM , Blogger Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Such a cute idea and a great alternative to skeletons. I can picture a whole slew of mummies will show up on bloggers mantels, tables and shelves from this post!

 
At October 4, 2011 at 1:44 PM , Blogger That Crazy Ajumma said...

How absolutely darling!!
I love them!
I HAVE to make me one or two or three!
Thanks for sharing.
:)

 
At October 4, 2011 at 2:41 PM , Blogger MJ said...

These are great! Voted for you on a Round Tuit!

 
At October 6, 2011 at 5:02 PM , Blogger Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

These are so cute~ thanks for linking them up at Feathered Nest Friday!

 
At October 6, 2011 at 5:08 PM , Blogger gail@My Repurposed Life said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At October 7, 2011 at 9:47 AM , Blogger Toqua's Crafts said...

TOO CUTE!!
I'm sharing this with others.

 
At October 7, 2011 at 10:51 AM , Blogger J's mom said...

Thanks for all the love peeps :)

 
At October 7, 2011 at 11:53 AM , Blogger Life In The Thrifty Lane said...

Hi again, I would like to feature your mummy today on my blog, hope you don't mind :)

 
At October 10, 2011 at 4:17 PM , Blogger Sew Can Do said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At October 13, 2011 at 2:49 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

mummy <3

 
At October 15, 2011 at 5:08 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

This is sooo cute! Thanks for sharing it with us!!!

 
At October 25, 2011 at 4:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok. Made one for me. In case you'd like to see it!

http://4ofwands.wordpress.com/2011/10/25/luv-me-mummy/

 
At November 7, 2011 at 4:48 AM , Blogger gail@My Repurposed Life said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home